Benefits of Risersafe®
Eliminates risk of falling from height through floor openings known as risers. No hole no risk.
Provides 11 functions across a construction site which save money, time and risk.
1. Permanent formwork for concrete
Temporary shuttering or steel frame trims are not required therefore saves money.
2. Removes the need for hand rails
There’s no hole so no need for hand rails which saves time and money.
3. Stops the spread of smoke and flame between floors
Meet the Fire Prevention on Construction Sites Joint Codes of Practice during construction. Fire tested “standard” unit for 90min without loss of integrity which removes the need to buy temporary fire doors.
4. Load bearing up to 2.5kg/m2. Standard can be designed to be the fixing point for your services.
Load tested for heavy services to be fixed to the RiserSafe® units saving the unistrut materials and build time which therefore saves money.
5. Storage area for construction materials
Because you have steel floors and not a hole or plastic grating with hand rails around the openings, people often store materials or use the RiserSafe® floor as access areas freeing up logistics across the site.
6. Formwork for horizontal fire protection materials
By dropping the floor plate 50-100mm down inside the unit we have created a tray for the fire compound to be installed easily and safely.
7. Fixing points for separating walls
Drylined walls can be built straight off the RiserSafe® unit removing the need to add more steel to build like GRP.
8. Fixing points for fire walls
Beams can be positioned to fix firewalls that can be either Drylined and concrete block walls directly to RiserSafe® units. This has been done on many projects.
9. Part of the fixing points for heavy m&e services
As explained in section 4, fixing mechanisms/catches can be added to assist in the fixing of heavy services which saves build time and money.
10. Casting and weathering properties for the top of service riser shafts
The RiserSafe® unit has 5 functions in one action at the roof; 1) shuttering of roof slab, 2) back shuttering of upstand/bunded wall, 3) no hole no risk, 4) weather protection with the steel floor plate in inclement weather and 5) substructure for insulation and roofing membrane.
11. Drives m&e design to early completion
Removes problems before they are on the critical path effecting the trades and costing money.