How does RiserSafe® work?
The frame contractors install the RiserSafe® units. If the necessary mechanical and electrical (M&E) subcontractors change the blank floor plates for new pre-cut floor plates with lids “Tec” screwed at the factory for complete safety on site.
No two construction projects are the same, so the value of RiserSafe® comes from the bespoke design and manufacture of each individual unit. This is essential to incorporate over 16 separate interfaces between the riser zone and the other disciplines. When mechanical and electrical (M&E) subcontractors need to fit their services they simply remove the lids protecting the penetrations and install the services based on the M&E coordinated design.
Every RiserSafe® unit is manufactured to meet the required performance of its intended use. Rather than having components sent and built on site, the RiserSafe® units are supplied complete for lifting into place. All the requirements are accessed and factored into the RiserSafe® production including:
- Providing SWL 250kgs/m2 regardless of number of penetrations required in the floor plate
- Depth of the walls for shuttering purposes
- Volume and location of M&E services routes through the units
- Fire Prevention
- Construction of fire walls
- Providing lifting or fixing points for heavy services
- Logistics for roads and sites