RiserSafe - the cheapest, safest and fastest way to protect riser openings
Risers, or holes through floor slabs, remain as a significant risk on construction sites. HSE figures for the construction industry state that falls from height accounted for 39 deaths and 2,561 major injuries (The Health and Safety Executive Statistics 2012/13).
At Ambar Kelly we have developed and patented RiserSafe, a system which eliminates these risks within risers. When RiserSafe is specified there are only two simple steps required to provide safe, faster and lower cost construction.
Step 1 – RiserSafe units, comprising of steel frames moveable cross beams and plain Durbar flooring, are cast into the floor slab by the concrete / steel frame Contractor providing immediate protection by "removing" the opening.
Step 2 – Following the completion of the M&E design, we supply new Durbar flooring with laser cut holes for each individual M&E service (each laser cut hole covered with its own cover plate). This allows single or multiple operatives to work within the riser installing services.
The RiserSafe system brings forward the installation of the Clients maintenance flooring platform in risers from the end of the construction project to the very start, providing operatives working in the risers protection throughout the project.
The benefits are clear to see:
RiserSafe is the lowest cost solution available to the project
- 42% Cheaper than traditional riser protection
- 32% Cheaper than GRP grating solutions
- Fixed cost, no prelim or BWIC cost creep
Faster construction, reducing the overall construction period using RiserSafe
- 50% increase in M&E trades productivity
- Opens up multiple work fronts, every floor, every riser can be worked on simultaneously
- Prevents water ingress, follow on trades get earlier access
The safest way to to protect openings is with RiserSafe
- 95% Reduction in man-hours worked at height
- Eliminates "hazards that give rise to risk" CDM 2007
- Satisfies joint CoP, spread of smoke and flames